Monday, January 16, 2012

Leaving a Legacy Behind



"Ayo you have to meet him. This guy is planning to do something great and you need to get him on your show”

Surprisingly that was all it took to get Segun on the radio program “I am the Future.”
Segun Akin-Olugbade is a young man who has a vision to design the first sports car exclusively created, and put together in Nigeria. He’s the CEO/Director of development at SE Automotive Limited and studied Automotive Design at Coventry University.

I immediately collected Segun’s email address from my friend and sent him an email. He responded and we set up a date for our interview.

On the day of the interview, I sat down with Segun for about 10 minutes to get a feel of who he was and also introduce myself to him and explain the concept of the show. I was immediately blown away by this young man. Segun arrived on time looking stylishly dressed with a ‘protégé’ right by his side. As we spoke, I observed Segun was a confident, laid-back, soft-spoken, young man who had an amazing vision. Segun was the kind of guy that knew what he wanted to do and knew what he had to do to get there. As we continued our conversation, I asked Segun to show me a few samples of the cars he’s looking to design and here was what I was shown.



I recently saw a tweet message from P Diddy. It said “Some people are creating the future right now. What are you doing?”
Segun Akin-Olugbade is busy creating a future for himself and the Nigerian AutomobileI. Segun’s creating a future for tomorrow’s engineers, car makers and visionaries. Segun is looking to take the African automobile industry to newer heights. What future are you creating?
Do you have a plan for your life? Do you know what industry you want to impact with your skills and talents? Do you have a vision that scares? Are you creating a future for yourself today?
It was a pleasure having Segun on the show. I was moved by his vision, his passion and his confidence. I must say my one hour with him truly touched me and challenged me to create a future for myself and my family. How about you?

1 comment:

Segun Akin-Olugbade said...

Bro.... Wow! I'm truly humbled! Thank you!